Thursday, May 20, 2010

Walk Like an Egyptian

Attended my daughter's school "performance" night about Egypt. (The flyer that was sent home to parents prior encouraged the boys to wear eyeliner as well as the girls, as it added something to the performance. I could hear the 4th grade boys simultaneous groan. I will note that I did not notice any eyelined boys tonight. God Bless their mothers!!!)

My daughter had to read a bit about pyramids which she executed to perfection-of course. But what really tickled my husband and I was that they did a singing bit to the old song King Tut. In this politically correct day and age hearing them sing " my favorite honky" made us smile. An ode' to Steve.

The kids all thought their mummy gags were HILARIOUS, which in turn made them hilarious. Nothing makes me smile like a child's reaction to goofy humor. Our last big elementary school event. One more week til middle school. I am mommy sad, but happy about the little woman she is becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment